Rudgwick is a village and civil parish in the Horsham District of West Sussex. The village is 6 miles (10 km) west of Horsham on the north side of the A281 road. The parish's northern boundary forms part of the county boundary between Surrey and West Sussex. The Church of England parish church of the Holy Trinity has a 12th-century Norman font of Sussex Marble. The belltower is early 13th century. The church was largely rebuilt in the 14th century, when the north aisle was added and probably the present chancel was built.
The parish has two 17th century farmhouses. Garlands, 1.5 miles (2.4 km) south of the village, is early 17th century and Redhouse Farm 1 mile (1.6 km) north of the village is late 17th century. Naldrett House, 1 mile (1.6 km) south of the village, is an 18th-century Georgian farmhouse of three bays and two storeys, built of brick with stone quoins.
Rudgwick railway station on the Cranleigh Line was opened in 1865 and closed in 1965, as part of the Beeching cuts. The dissused railway line now forms part of the Downs Link, popular with walkers, cyclists and wildlife enthusiasts.
The Downs Link which runs alongside Riverside Farm is a 37 mile (59km) shared route linking the North Downs Way with the South Downs Way. The route follows two disused railway lines and crosses the Surrey Hills, the Low Weald, the South Downs and the Coastal Plain. Since the trains departed in the 1960s the embankments and cuttings have become a green corridor for wildlife and people.
The route connects a variety of habitats, passing banks of wildflowers, trees, hedges, woodlands, rivers, ponds and streams. The Downs Link connects with other long-distance routes such as the North Downs Way, South Downs Way, Wey South Path, Greensand Way, Sussex Border Path and National Cycle Network routes 2 and 22.